Rane C4 Quad Compressor
This item is used but fully functional!
C4 Quad Compressor
The C4 Quad Compressor / Limiter / Dynamic Equalizer presents matchless feature, performance and ergonomic value. The C4 offers four feature-packed channels of compression and limiting in a 2U package. Internal and external side-chain options offer a fully adjustable parametric EQ for frequency-dependent compression or de-essing. The oversampled brick wall limiter determines the maximum output level and operates independent of the compressor. Adjacent channels link in a master/slave arrangement to ensure accurate tracking of stereo inputs. Intuitive meters show side-chain level relative to Threshold, gain reduction and complete dynamic range at a glance.
Analog controls (knobs, sliders) allow a performer or sound engineer to make precise adjustments in real time. Digital signal processing (DSP) provides a degree of accuracy, consistency and flexibility that simply cannot be matched with a traditional analog design.
The C4 combines the best of both worlds by using analog controls and high performance digital processing to achieve an unprecedented feature set. Benefits of this approach:
- Allows the use of advanced compression and dynamic EQ techniques which are difficult or costly to implement in traditional analog designs.
- Improved accuracy and repeatability.
- Exceptional immunity to RF and electromagnetic interference.
- Lower cost per channel.
- Independent Compressor / Dynamic EQ / Limiter per channel.
- Relative-threshold Dynamic EQ remains calibrated for all levels.
- Auto mode for fast setup of Attack and Release.
- External side-chain with balanced / unbalanced 1/4" TRS input.
- Side-chain has a parametric EQ with Compress, Dynamic EQ and Listen modes.
- Adjustable soft or hard knee compression.
- Independent metering: Side-chain level, Threshold indicator, Gain reduction and Limiter headroom.
- Stereo Link between channels 1 and 2 or 3 and 4.
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input / output connectors.